- Dealer Trade is an online auction platform (web & mobile apps) for the motor industry, exclusive to motor dealers and their suppliers. Dealer Trade provides digital vehicle wholesale, remarketing and disposal services.
- Allows motor dealers to load vehicles to sell, bid on auctions and buy vehicles anytime and anywhere with our mobile app or desktop portal.
- Provides a platform for motor dealers to load and auction vehicles in a matter of minutes to the national network of dealers or to a network of dealers created by the individual motor dealer.
- Lets the motor dealer choose the makes and models of vehicles they are interested in and to always be alerted when vehicles of their choice become available.
- Permits motor dealers to auction vehicles to the growing national Dealer Trade network OR their own exclusive dealer network (ideal for manufacturers & automotive groups).
A walk through of the latest version of the Dealer Trade software. Completed in late 2019, the front-end was rebuilt from the ground up, in addition to substantial back-end changes to accommodate new features and future data modelling opportunities.
The core software was a web application (accompanied by Google Play and Apple App store mobile applications) built with MeteorJS.
Being a real-time auction platform, low-latency (no lag) was key. This was provided by persistent WebSocket connections between the servers and clients, enabling data to be pushed to a client’s device in near real time.
The front-facing application however, was just the tip of the iceberg. The service relied on a vast array of back-end systems to keep the engine running.
Backend system overview dashboard for staff & management:
Integrations with motor dealer management systems:
Dealer Trade were innovators, constantly taking on board customer feedback and finding ways to improve the experience they provided. Suffice to say the JIRA backlog featured thousands of tickets for improvements, fixes, and updates. (JIRA is a software project management and task tracking tool.)
Members of the Lumin8 AI team were involved from day one. Designing, building, and launching the software needed to disrupt the automotive industry.
The Dealer Trade software from a buyer's perspective.
The Dealer Trade software from a seller's perspective.